The Open Graph Protocol in Posts and Pages WordPress Plugin allows you to very easily add OG meta tags on a per post or page basis, or use your default OG settings across the site.
The Open Graph WordPress Plugin adds an additional meta box to the post and page editing screen for you to enter og meta values for that post or page.
When the post or page is liked or shared on Facebook and other Open Graph sites, the title, description and url along with other items are automatically pulled in from the meta vaues added in the box.
If your WordPress posts and pages keep automatically pulling the wrong content into Facebook when people link to them this plugin will solve your problems.
Add the required values to the open graph protocol meta box on the post and page editing screens.
- post|page url overrite – Specify the url for a post or page, uses the permalink if not specified, no default value
- post|page Title – This is the title of the post or page, you may want it to be shorter than the current title, so you will need to add it in again.
- post|page Type – This is the category that the post or page falls under on the social graph, for a blog post, it is best to select websites > blog
- post|page Image – This is the image that is displayed along side the content that the OG pulls in, be sure to use absolute urls
- post|page Description – This is a short description of the post or page, like an excerpt
- Facebook Profile ID – This is the numbered profile id for facebook
- Address – An address relevate to the post or page
- Contact – Contact details relevant to the post or page.
Also, the site_name is added automatically, which is the name of your site, as set it general settings
As you may want to use the same entries site wide (such as Facebook Profile Id, Address and Contact), there is a form on the OGP settings page to allow you to set default options that posts/pages then override, saving you entering the same information 1000′s of times.
NOTE: Changes in the Meta tags may take up between 24-48 hours for sites like Facebook to recognise
Also, for people using the All in One SEO pack for their SEO options, this plugin also integrates with the All in one pack for the title and description entered into the AIO options